Monday, February 12, 2007

Last Day

Hello to everyone who's still keeping up with the news from Ecuador. I imagine some have forgotten to check and are reading this in a weeks time. If that's you, I'M ALREADY HOME! If not, then I'll be home thursday.

I have had a wonderful time here in Ecuador, and I don't really know how to sum it all up. If we have coffee and I ramble and show you a couple of photos (I've only taken about 100, so don't freak out that you'll have to sit through thousands!) you'll get a better idea of my overall impressions.

The last couple of days have been great. I went to a little town about 2 hours north of Quito (in the northern hemisphere...) called Mindo, where we went and saw a waterfall and also went to a butterfly farm for lunch. It was so beautiful, in the highland rainforest. It rained a bit, and we got muddy, but it was great and I got good pictures.

Saturday night we celebrated Williams birthday, and Sunday lunch we celebrated Miguels. Williams was a few weeks ago while he was living in the bus shelter, and Miguel's is on wednesday. They were both great celebrations.

God has been teaching me to trust in Him and rest in Him this trip. I have been reminded of His strength in me, His goodness to me, and His sovereignty in all things. "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

I will miss this house and this city. I've only been here a month, but it feels longer. I've learnt a lot and been through a lot, and I hope that I will not forget to quickly these things.

I'll see you all very soon now,
Love Johnny

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

hey johnny!

i can't wait to catch up and hear all of your amazing stories when you get back! i'm pretty much free next week (i nearly said next year... oooh that'd be sad) so i'd love to catch up with you for a chai if you'd be up for it - mars hill cafe in parramatta sells BUCKETS of chai! too fun! :)

enjoy your last few days revelling, anew, in the diversity, creativity and sheer beauty of God that you see so much more clearly when you're in the unfamiliar...

praying for you second best friend!

peace xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Johnny!

Woah! One month already! Man time has flown on us! It's been so great to hear all the things that God has exposed you to! And to think people at my school can't spare 10 seconds to hear the good news of Jesus where clearly it's all under His control! Have a great last couple of days & a safe flight home! It must be hard to leave it all behind- we'll welcome you alright though, so don't be worried if you think we've forgotten you!

Cheers!