Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Stuck in L.A.

Yes, you read it right. The flight from los angeles to nadi was cancelled because the engine was fried by a suicidal bird or two on its approach into LA. So I'm in the hotel Hacienda near LAX tonight and tomorrow, leaving on thursday to Nadi, then that night (Friday, I know, the dateline is confusing) I'm in a hotel in Nadi, then I'm in Sydney by around midday Saturday they think. Yeah. So If you don't here from me again then just hang out at the airport saturday about midday. Sorry its not more definate, but I don't know much.

But I made some friends at the airport, so we're spending tomorrow together. One is an aussie who went to shore who's name is Tim and he studies at Mac Uni! and the other is hannah and she is from north carolina studying, you guessed it, at macquarie this semester on exchange! Crazy stuff, huh! Funny how nothing goes quite to plan... But I'm fine, and the hotel is nice, except the internet is 25c/min!

Anyway, I've been awake for 22 hours now, so I'm going to go to bed now before my fun day in LA tomorrow. Sorry for the sad news that I don't get to see you for two more days.

See you soon, but not as soon as I thought!

Johnny.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

oh i thought you would be home by now!

only a few more hours!

i can't wait to catch up, i've missed you! :)

stay safe, have too much fun in LA (LA rocks!) and make friends with mac people! hehe

when i was in india last year, we went to this town/city that is close-ish to the western border, near pakistan, in the middle of the desert... it takes ages to get there from anywhere and it's just yellow dirt everywhere... and the whole city is within this beautiful golden sandcastle looking thing that sort of erupts out of the ground - the whole city in this one castle! it's pretty cool... and i'm wandering through... and i meet a guy who was going to be in my spanish class at mac. HA! the funnier end-note to that one is that i did spanish for one day then quit. hehe

anyway, can't wait to catch up! miss ya!