AH! It's been like a week since I blogged. Sorry to everyone who's been wondering what's happening to me.
The truth is there's not heaps to report on from the last week. It's been fairly uneventful in the sense that I've been doing the same things you already know I'm doing. But it's been anything but boring!
There are a couple of things to report on, now that a think about it. Yesterday, for instance, I lead the devotional in the evening by translator (Michael). It was on a passage that challenged me a week or so earlier, from Luke 6:46-49. The two builders, one who bases his life on the foundation of Jesus' words, and the other who doesn't, and has his house completely destroyed by the torrent. I challenged the boys to consider why they make the desisions they make in life - to listen to Jesus words in devotionals is one thing, but to build our life around them, living because of them, is quite different.
Today I went site-seeing during my freetime. The old part of town is very hilly. I'm not quite tired!
Sunday I went to a new church here called Montezion. It was great! I loved it there. It wasn't a very big church, but people were very welcoming and it felt like everyone was filled with love for each other as a family and love for God as their father. It was great. If only I could've understood the sermon. Oh, and they sang a hillsong song in spanish - it reminded me of Australia, and that even in such different culture on the other side of the world, people in the church here feel the same way about the same God, and sing the same praise to Him.
Daniel 7:13-14 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
I'm continually encouraged that God in Him wisdom has my path planned out before me. I want to faithfully follow Him wherever he leads me, until he leads me home to His new creation, where all people, nations and men of every language will worship him.
My God bless you all.
In Him,
Johnny
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
9After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" - Revelation 7: 9-10
this is one of my favourite passages and reminded me of the Daniel one...
some of the newer hills cd's are produced in spanish now, by the way! i want spanish veggie tales!
life here has been crazy... i'm already unemployed again which is interesting to say the least... but God is Provider and I know He'll be faithful... again. He always is. God is goodness hey.
Not long til you come back! is this a good thing or not? I'm praying for you buddy...
love hearing your stories, keep it up when you can !
:) second best friend
Post a Comment