Yep, I know, I keep getting behind on the blogging. It's been 5 days since I last posted! Sorry to all the regular checkers! Today's you're lucky day.
William has moved in, and settled in, and the house is feeling back to it's stable self. It was a little weird with a new family member for the first couple of days, I think weirder still for William, but he's back in. And I've been able to quickly connect with him. He's a real extrovert, and very funny when I understand his jokes!
Today I spent a lot of the morning with Alexis David. We played volleyball, and swapped juggling tricks. I also taught Andreas to play hearts, which was quite a challenge given the language barrier and the complicatedness of the game.
This week is the anual meeting for Youthworld, so I'm the only one here for most of the day while the others are at the meeting. I'm in charge in the morning and all alone once the boys are at school in the afternoons. This afternoon I spent reading the bible and praying and played the piano and sang to God. All that was for about 3 hours, and I feel very blessed by God through it. He's really brought me back on track, and I've been inspired to be just spending time with him
rather than trying on my own strength to do things for him, rather than living with him.
Please pray for my relationships with the boys, that have been getting better, that they would continue to be strengthened. Also pray for William in settling in, and for him and Alexis, who sometimes clash a little personality-wise.
And if you could rememeber Opcion de Vida in your prayers too, it's another ministry here in Quito for streetkids. They're open in the afternoons, and they have showers and food, a bible-talk, and a safe environment for the kids to hang out and play soccer or, for the little ones, build cubby houses. I visited there on Friday, and was really struck by how beautiful the children are and how sad it is that they live on the streets. Some of the kids in the house came here through that ministry. Angel David (who's one of the older boys) volunteers there with Miguel (one of the missionaries I live with here) and some other guys who I've become good friends with: please pray for Daniel, Fernando, Boris, Angel David and Miguel, and the other voluteers that they could provide for the street kids physically and spiritually in a way the glorifies God, and for the kids who live on the streets of Quito that they would be saved.
Love you all,
Johnny
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Johnny Boy!
Good to hear from you (at last!). That's so encouraging to hear! Great to see that God is giving you the opportunities to meet & strengthen others. It's inspired me to be more of a witness to God at school! I've only come to really appreciate how many kids are living on the streets (as your blogs are picturing). Well it's definately a prayer point for me, and I hope that God's word will be understood & comforting to the kids you minister to.
Have a good one!
Your (2nd most) "fan"!,
McFoy
hey johnny!
good to hear that God is totally challenging you!
just a thought, just something to leave you with that God has totally been beautifully joyfully gently drilling into my heart of late, this whole of 2007 so far, and i hope it goes for the rest of it... every morning, He asks me, "are you enjoying me?" and all He wants is for me to desire Him more, to love spending time with Him...
i'm glad that He's been showing you how much He loves you so far above what you do...
gbless brother!
when you back??
Post a Comment