Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Settling In

Hello all. I tried to post a picture this time. I tried and tried for about half an hour, but to no avail. You'll have to wait til I return home, I think.
Things are going well, my knee is holding up fine, my spanish is very very gradually improving, and I'm making friends with the boys here and with some of the local volunteers at the daytime youth shelter down the road. Life in ecuador is slow and steady, and I'm getting into the routine and the pace at which life is carried out. I think I'm going to get a shock when I return to the frenetic pace of Australia!

Please pray for language, more than anything else. That's my main challenge at the moment. And give thanks that even without much spanish I'm still relating well with people and having fun together!

Until next time,
hasta luego,
Johnny

1 comment:

Bree said...

Hey Johnny!!

It's so fantastic to read that you're well and enjoying life in Quito. It's great to read all about your experiences.

We are praying with you and I know that God will continue to teach you and challange you.

God bless mate,
Bree