Hola amigos
A quick update of what's going on, for the two people who read my blog (thanks for the comments bree and em! Other viewers, feel free to put in a little comment for me, it would make me smile, and it will only take you 30 seconds!)
I have begun a fun new ministry here in the last two days. Painting. That's right, I'm painting a wall. The resident missionaries here put the thinking caps on for what I can do while I'm here, and so my main ministries are painting, cooking and cleaning. Someone's gotta do it!
As for how life is here, it's often quiet, and I'm not really working that hard. The boys are at school weekdays, and so I have lots of time to hang around, reading books, painting the wall, stairing at the ceiling, etc. Ok, so that's a bit of an exaguration, I don't find that much time with nothing at all to do...
For those secretly wondering what possible use a 21 year old with very little experience or language skills could be in a place like this, let me just say this: I have, just in this last week, managed to encourage the resident missionaries, help cook, shop and clean, hang out watching futbol with the boys, go to church with the boys, swap english and spanish words (we're teaching each other our languages!), share my testimony with the entire staff of youth-world (the parent organisation of casa gabriel), and paint half a wall out the back of the house. Who knows what other wonderful things I can acheive in the next four weeks?!
I should also tell you all that there is an adorable little kitten (gatita) who lives here, and keeps me company while I blog to you all.
That's more than enough, thanks for taking the time to read such a long post!
Lots of love for you all back home
see you all soon,
Johnny
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
G'Day Johnny!
Great to hear from you! Looks like a very promising start to your work (non- offensive of course!). If you're painting walls now, who knows, you might design & build a new building! Anyway, good to hear you're coping well with the language issues and getting along well with the people!
SO encouraging to hear the work God has (and will) put forward to you- hope it all teaches you something useful in some form or another! You'll be a hit to the kids there too so have a ball and my prayers & thoughts will be for you!
Cheers!
McFoy
Hi John,
Great to hear you arrived after that looong trip. Sounds as though you are enjoying painting,cooking etc and especially new relationships & experiences. Glad the knee seems OK and hasn't hampered your style too much. Enjoy your Spanish. Our thoughts & prayers are with you.
Blessings,
Pam & David Arnold
PS Mum gave us you blog address as I rang as you were about to leave so missed you - great to have. P
Hi Johnny,
Glad to hear you're going well.
What colour paint are you using?
If the wall is high do you have to stand on a ladder? Is is possible to do that with an injured knee?
How has your prayer life been going in the context of not being able to kneel?
Regards,
David Lewis
Hi Johnny,
Really exciting hearing about how God has been using you in Ecuador, in some obvious ways like sharing your testimony, and also in the obscure like painting a wall!
Praying for you,
Jackie
Post a Comment